Popular Posts

About Me

My Photo
@scousebirdprobs
Scouse bird with a vodka dependency and an acute sense of social observation. Always self deprecating, always blunt. Follow me on twitter WARNING: Non-scousers may not understand language of this blog.
View my complete profile
Thursday 8 August 2013

Teeth whitening - Lasers v Bleach

No one wants yellow peggies. My aspiration is to have teeth as white as Ross from friends in THAT episode, however, short of using domestos as mouthwash or getting horrendous veneers a la Rylan I doubt that’s ever going to happen.

Back in the day I used to get 35% bleach peroxide from ebay for a fiver and my god it was amazing, lifted those teeth right up! However it’s kind of a bit illegal in the UK now as it destroys your gums so I haven’t been able to get hold of any for years. I’ve been using the teeth whitening trays from Btox Clinics for a while now which are 6% bleach I think? They do work but it’s a gradual whitening process and for the same reason why I’d be no good on the pill (I’m forgetful and forget to do it daily) my gnashers aren’t where I want them to be. I also lost one of my trays and dilly dallied (ay that’s something you haven’t heard from anyone except your nan isn’t it?) about getting a new one so we’ve ended up a couple of weeks before my hols and I need a quick fix.

Enter Suresmiles. Me and me fella (yes a new one, keep up) went to see the larger than life Maxzine who is passionately anti bleach and pro blue light technology. The offer at the time was £30 instead of £80, bargain.

We were a little dubious when we turned up as Maxzine works out of her house which I didn’t know beforehand BUT within 2 minutes of being there we were made to feel welcome and at home. It was just unexpected. She did a shade test on us both on her peg chart, he was a 24 & 26 (smoker, tut) and I was an 8 & 12 (already pretty white). The treatment took about an hour each and afterward she did a shade test on us again and he had lifted to a 14 (10-12 shades!) and I had lifted to a 2 which is the lightest shade on her chart and the lightest she’d ever had. Yes that’s right, I won at teeth whitening.

The next 48hrs we could only eat white food and drink while the teeth ‘closed’ which was a little bit of a pain but not horrendous. All in all we’re both made up with the results and for £30 you can’t really argue.


https://m.facebook.com/pages/Sure-Smiles/412347255527487?id=412347255527487&_rdr


XOXO

Scouse Bird

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Been reading all your posts, I'm on a Scouse Bird spree haha! Is this deffo worth it then? Did the results last? xx

Unknown said...

This is an intresting blog that you have posted, you shares a lot of things about London Teeth Whitening, Full Ceramic Crowns and Smile Makeover London . Which are very
informative for us. Thanks

Unknown said...

Those two procedures really do wonders on whitening teeth. However, I’m more in favor with laser because it’s less messy, though you just have to get used to the smell if you have a sensitive nose. I’m so glad that you’ve finally won the teeth whitening battle.

Maryam Seifi

Unknown said...

You have shared a great information about Teeth Whitening Derby and Derby Dental Implants.
Which are very informative for us.Thanks

Maxzine said...

Proud to say that this my review from the lovely Scoucebirdprobs about her experience with me whilst having her teeth whitened.
Find me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/maxine.street or Lady-Galvanic on twitter xxx